Almost all of us have experienced wisdom teeth. One has to endure severe pain when this tooth is removed. The pain lasts for a few days. Also, chewing food and swallowing is very difficult. Many times painkillers have to be taken because of wisdom teeth pain. In addition, teeth surgery must be done in many cases if the pain is unbearable. What is a wisdom tooth? Why is it so painful during teething? Wisdom tooth pain due to it? Are wisdom tooth problems serious? Is it related to other dental problems? All these questions will be answered in this article –
What is wisdom teeth?
The last molar we have is the wisdom tooth.” Molar teeth are the largest teeth, the widest, and the hardest. Molar teeth help in swallowing food by crushing food particles. The wisdom tooth usually erupts after the age of eighteen. However, as the growth pattern changes over time, these teeth can be present even in sixteen-seventeen years. It mainly develops in our late teens or early adulthood. The birth of teeth on the threshold of adulthood is not a pleasant experience in most cases. So this tooth is named wisdom tooth.
When do wisdom teeth come in?
Sometimes, the wisdom tooth does not erupt halfway and gets stuck in the gums, causing severe pain. And this leads to gum wisdom tooth infection, tooth decay, and multiple oral problems. So dentists think wisdom tooth should be removed if they are not fully grown, and there is pain. Some patients ask Can wisdom teeth grow back? Then the answer is yes. These wisdom teeth grow back if the doctor can not remove them properly.
The total number of wisdom teeth is 4. The tooth at the top and bottom of the mouth is called a wisdom tooth. The wisdom tooth usually erupts anytime between 18-25 years of age. There are some instances of growth, even in 40-50 years. If there is no space for the 32 teeth in the mouth, there is severe pain during the eruption of wisdom teeth. Because the teeth do not have space in the mouth to come out. Many times removal of wisdom teeth surgery has to be done to make room for that tooth. Many people say those wisdom teeth coming in means becoming wise. But this is not true.
What is the function of wisdom teeth?
In primitive times, the diet of adult humans was high in hard and fibrous foods. Scientists believe that wisdom tooth appears to help in grinding these foods. They are unparalleled in their ability to chew and grind food. Our food habits have changed with time. Excess hard and fibrous foods like raw meat are excluded from the diet. As a result, the need for wisdom tooth decreased. Changes in the hormones responsible for teething. So many people don’t get their wisdom teeth coming in at the right time or in the right way.
Does everyone have wisdom teeth?
Not everyone has wisdom teeth. Many people have no symptoms of pain. There is usually no room for the wisdom tooth to erupt. But in many cases, even though the lower teeth do not fully erupt, the upper teeth do erupt. If the lower wisdom teeth grow crooked, they can destroy the adjacent molars.
Why are they called wisdom teeth?
It is unknown when do wisdom teeth come in, the last tooth that grows in humans. Experts believe this naming is because these wisdom teeth grow after the human has wisdom. Apart from age, this tooth has nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom.
Wisdom Teeth Symptoms
A few other problems with the pain include difficulty yawning, mouth swelling, and swallowing. Wisdom teeth coming in after the gums harden. Many people suffer from various difficulties, even in Ghazal. Grow crooked Conflict with adjacent gum teeth can cause wisdom teeth pain for various reasons. The brush does not reach the wisdom tooth while cleaning the tooth. Therefore, cavities accumulate in these teeth, causing tooth pain and infection. About 1 million wisdom teeth removed yearly in the United States alone. Therefore, before the wisdom tooth erupts, the gums are pretty painful for a few days. If wisdom tooth pain is very severe, a dentist should be consulted without delay.
When should wisdom teeth be removed?
If your wisdom teeth are causing you problems or are likely to cause problems in the future, they should be removed. However, before extracting the teeth, the doctors check several things, such as whether the other teeth are causing problems due to this tooth. Is the mouth creating other problems? What or how the surgery may cause complications, etc. After considering these, he decides whether surgery is necessary.
About wisdom teeth pain
As the wisdom tooth erupts, the pain is severe at first. The gum there swells. This swelling is so severe that the inside of the mouth also swells on the cheeks and throat. The patient may sometimes get confused, thinking he has tonsil pain or mumps. We have little idea about the swelling of the mouth and sore throat after wisdom teeth removal.
Many people avoid it if the pain recedes during wisdom tooth eruption. Think it’s familiar. But did you know since the tooth is embedded in a bone, the wisdom tooth infection symptoms can spread to the sore throat as the bone decays?
Here is some wisdom teeth real pictures
Wisdom teeth home remedies for pain
- Rinse in salt water. Gargling with salt water is beneficial for reducing toothache. You can also rinse by mixing sodium chloride with lukewarm water. It kills harmful bacteria and keeps gums healthy.
- Sometimes, other teeth start to hurt or develop cysts. Washing with salt water relieves the pain. Hot salt water works very well to reduce pain in teeth, gums, and throat. Mix a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and wash your face. It will cure any infection.
- Peppermint is present in the leaves, which helps relieve pain and inflammation. Dip a cotton ball in peppermint extract and apply it to the gums. Peppermint tea is excellent.
- Clove oil has analgesic properties, which relieve toothache. It helps fight bacteria and eliminates the risk of infection. Boil clove oil or six clove buds in water and massage the gums to relieve pain. It will provide wisdom tooth pain relief.
- Aloe vera provides easy relief from a wisdom tooth and surrounding tooth pain. Removes tooth swelling. You can apply aloe vera gel on the root of the tooth. This keeps the area cool and reduces pain.
Wisdom teeth aftercare at home
- It is forbidden to bake externally with wisdom teeth pain or swelling of the mouth.
- You can wash your face with lukewarm water. You can keep the tooth area clean. You can eat soft food during pain. You can also try pineapple juice for wisdom teeth.
- If the pain is excessive, consult a doctor. In many cases, muscle spasms may occur due to this. Infections can also occur.
- Before and after wisdom tooth face change.
How long does wisdom teeth removal take?
What to do if you have pain after wisdom tooth extraction.
- Apply ice packs to the gums along with the medicine prescribed by the doctor
- Do not drink hot drinks or fruit juice after wisdom tooth extraction. There will also be smoking. This increases the complexity.
- Do you know what to eat after wisdom teeth removal? So, You must Eat easily chewed foods, such as fish, potatoes, etc. Eat light food. Do not eat very hot.
- Do not do too much physical activity for a few days after wisdom teeth surgery; it may cause pain in the gums again.
Above all, get the proper treatment at the right time. Do not leave if it hurts. if you want to know about wisdom teeth removal cost, and wisdom teeth doctor then you can check it out here. See the wisdom teeth removal near me locations.